The Qubit 2.0 Fluorometer is for quantification and quality control of DNA and RNA.
The Qubit 2.0 fluorometer uses fluorescent dyes that emit signals only when bound to the specific target molecules (DNA or RNA) even in the presence of free nucleotides, degraded nucleic acids or protein contaminants. The sample of interest is mixed with the Qubit working solution, incubated at room temperature for 2 min and the fluorescence read.
General Information and Specifications
- High accuracy (better accuracy than the Nanodrop)
- Highly sensitive as a sample containing as low as 10 pg/μl of DNA or 250 pg/μl of RNA can be detected
- Sample preparation takes about 5 min
- Minimal sample consumption of 1 to 20 μl
- For quantifying sequencing samples, genomic DNA samples, and clones choose the Qubit dsDNA assay
- For quantitating single-stranded DNA or oligonucleotides choose the Qubit ssDNA assay
Qubit assays offered at GGF
|Assay to request||Assay range||Sample starting concentration|
|Qubit ds DNA high sensitivity (HS) assay||0.2–100 ng||10 pg/μl-100 ng/μl|
|Qubit ds DNA broad range (BR) assay||2-1000 ng||100 pg/μl-1 µg/μl|
|Qubit ss DNA high sensitivity (HS) assay||1-200 ng||50 pg/μl-200 ng/μl|
|Qubit RNA assay||5-100 ng||250 pg/μl-100 ng/μl|
Please note that the assay measures the total amount of DNA or RNA present in the submitted sample. For example, if you submit 1μl (10 ng) of dsDNA sample at a concentration of 10 ng/μl, choose either the dsDNA BR assay or the dsHS assay. However, use the dsDNA BR assay if you submit 20 μl of sample as it will contain 200 ng of DNA.
DNA and RNA sample preparation and submission process
- Submit 1-20 μl of each sample to be tested in 0.5 ml tubes, in strips of PCR tubes or in a 96-well plate sealed with an adhesive tape.
- As the assay measures the total amount of DNA or RNA present in the sample, it is important for the customer to write on the submission form the exact amount of each sample submitted.
- Please go to the Genesifter page to submit your order and bring your sample(s) to GGF. A technician will run your samples and contact you when they are done.
For more information, please see the CO16190-Qubit-Brochure.
- The Qubit output DNA or RNA data will be provided to the investigator in an Excel spreadsheet.
|UGA Fee||Non-UGA Fee||Commerical Fee|
|$4.00 per sample||$4.75 per sample||$5.00 per sample|