The Qubit fluorometer uses fluorescent dyes that emit signals only when bound to the specific target molecules (DNA or RNA) even in the presence of free nucleotides, degraded nucleic acids, or protein contaminants. The sample of interest is mixed with the Qubit working solution, incubated at room temperature for 2 min, and the fluorescence read.
- High accuracy (better accuracy than the Nanodrop)
- Highly sensitive as a sample containing as low as 10 pg/μl of DNA or 250 pg/μl of RNA can be detected
- Sample preparation takes about 5 min
- Minimal sample consumption of 1 to 20 μl
- For quantifying sequencing samples, genomic DNA samples, and clones choose the Qubit dsDNA assay
- For quantitating single-stranded DNA or oligonucleotides choose the Qubit ssDNA assay