The Covaris E220 Evolution instrument available at GGBC is mostly used for DNA shearing application. It is ideal for the production of DNA libraries for next-generation sequencing.
The Covaris instrument works by using acoustic energy wave. The company refers to this process as Adaptive Focused Acoustic energy. The process enables mechanical energy to be applied to a sample without directly contacting the sample. The major advantages of this system are 1) that a minimal sample volume (50 µl) is used and 2) the shearing is very precise (highly repeatable among samples prepared in the same way).
- Standard shearing protocols for Illumina library generation
- The E220 can sheer samples 50 µl or 130 µl in volume and accurately fragment DNA to the 150-1500 bp range
- A sample can be processed in 5-10 minutes
- Highly reproducible
- Easy to use
- No chance of cross contamination as sample is in a closed vessel
- No aerosol
- Requires only 50 µl of starting material
- Temperatures of 4°C to 40°C can be controlled
- Borosilicate tubes with polypropylene screw-top closures are used
- More information on the Covaris.
Sample shearing will be done by GGBC staff
a) Submit an order and drop off your samples at GGBC.
b) All samples will be sheared by a GGBC employee.
c) You will be notified when the work has been completed.
d) Customer will be charged based on the total number of samples processed.
Contact for Financial Inquiries and Quote Requests
Please email Kim and Elizabeth at email@example.com, for financial inquiries or to request a quote. Be as specific as possible, so that they can more quickly assist you.
Covaris shearing price per sample
|Covaris Shearing||UGA Fee||Non UGA Fee||Commercial Fee|
|Set up fee per group of 8 samples||$30.00||$35.40||$37.50|