GGF offers nucleic acid and protein quantification services. The NanoDrop 2000 (Thermo Scientific) is a Micro-Volume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer which allows for the analysis of 0.5 µl – 2.0 µl samples without the need for cuvettes or capillaries.
- Direct and easy measurements.
- Full spectral output.
- Measures DNA, RNA (A260) and Protein (A280) concentrations and sample purity (260/280 ratio).
- Wide concentration range (2 ng/µl–15,000 ng/µl dsDNA) without dilutions.
- Pre-configured methods for common applications such as Nucleic Acid, Protein A280, Microarray, Proteins & Labels, Bradford, BCA, Lowry and Pierce 660nm – and more.
- Software includes custom methods and data export capabilities.
- More information can be found at NanoDrop.com.
- A minimum of 10 µl per sample should be submitted in 1.5 ml microfuge tube. For large quantities, samples can be submitted in a 96 well plate.
- If samples are suspended in a solution other than HPLC grade water, please provide an aliquot of your resuspension solution for blanking the instrument.
- A spreadsheet (electronic version preferred) indicating the sample names should be provided to GGF.
- The NanoDrop output DNA or protein data will be provided to the investigator in an Excel spreadsheet.
There are two ways to proceed with a project:
1-Submit an order and drop off your samples at GGF. All samples will be processed by a GGF employee. You will be notified when the work has been completed. Customer will be charged based on the total number of samples processed.
|Customer||Price Per Sample|
2 – Self Service a) Submit an order, b) Schedule an appointment to use the NanoDrop by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and referencing the order number in your request, c) Get an initial training on the instrument. A one-time training fee will be invoiced. d) Bring the samples to GGF at the appointment time to NanoDrop them; self-serve. e) Record in the log book the number of minutes the NanoDrop was in use for invoicing purposes.
|NanoDrop Self-Service Fees for UGA Customers Only|
|Set up fee per order||$5.30|
|Charge per minute for NanoDrop usage||$20.00/hr.|