Droplet Digital polymerase chain reaction (ddPCR) provides high-precision, absolute quantification of nucleic acid target sequences. With extensive applications in both research and clinical diagnostics, ddPCR is an ultrasensitive approach while simultaneously removing PCR bias, and the need for standard curves.
DdPCR’s sensitivity lies in the water-oil emulsion droplet technology by counting nucleic acid molecules in a defined volume.
- Absolute quantification: provides target DNA copies per input sample without the need of a standard curve applicable for viral load analysis, microbial quantification, etc.
- Copy Number Variation (CNV)
- Rare sequence detection
- Gene expression and microRNA analysis
- Next-Generation sequencing (NGS): increase sequencing accuracy by quantifying NGS sample library preparations (comparable to qPCR)
- Single cell analysis
- Genome edit detection: assess NHEJ (non-homologous end joining) and HDR (homology directed repair) products of CRISPR-CAS9, etc.
- For more information please visit Bio Rad’s application guide: https://www.bio-rad.com/webroot/web/pdf/lsr/literature/Bulletin_6407.pdf
- Provides absolute nucleic acid quantification without requiring standard curves using Poisson statistics
- Due to the nature of the droplet system, ddPCR is ultrasensitive which can be used for low-abundance targets, SNPS, complex backgrounds, etc. This proves more sensitive than typical real-time PCR
- Removes PCR bias found when using qPCR
Depending on ddPCR application, this will be discussed in initial consultation.
Table 1. Digital droplet PCR assays fees
|Service||UGA Fee||Non-UGA Fee||Commercial Fee|
|Assays in a single-plex design (EvaGreen or probe)(up to 8 samples)||$173||$205||$217|
|Assays in a single-plex design (EvaGreen or probe)(Each additional 8 samples)||$51||$60.25||$63.75|
|Assays in a single-plex design (EvaGreen or probe)(48 samples)||$404||$477||$505|
|Assays in a single-plex design (EvaGreen or probe)(96 samples)||$718||$848||$898|
|Assays in a multi-plex design (probe)(First 8 samples)||$178||$211||$223|
|Assays in a multi-plex design (probe)(Each additional 8 samples)||$56||$66.25||$70|
|Assays in a multi-plex design (probe)(48 samples)||$437||$516||$547|
|Assays in a multi-plex design (probe)(96 samples)||$784||$926||$980|
These prices don’t include the cost of ordering the assay primers and probes from Bio-Rad. You can order them directly and deliver or ship them to us. To design and order the assay primers and probes, please visit the Bio-Rad Assay Design Portal.
After initial consultation, a price and quote can be provided for you.
Data will be zipped and shared via email. The ddPCR bio-rad software is readily available on their website.